NATIONAL BESTSELLER - Are you a highly sensitive person? Discover how to better understand yourself and create a fuller, richer life with the help of a clinical psychologist.
"To say this book changed my life would be an understatement. I am forever grateful to Elaine Aron."--Alanis Morissette, singer, songwriter, activist
Do you have a keen imagination and vivid dreams? Is time alone each day as essential to you as food and water? Are you "too shy" or "too sensitive" according to others? Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you? If your answers are yes, you may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
Most of us feel overstimulated every once in a while, but for the highly sensitive person, it's a way of life. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Elaine Aron, a highly sensitive person herself, shows you how to identify this trait in yourself and make the most of it in everyday situations.
In The Highly Sensitive Person, you will discover:
- Self-assessment tests to help you identify your particular sensitivities
- Ways to reframe your past experiences in a positive light and gain greater self-esteem in the process
- Insight into how high sensitivity affects both work and personal relationships
- Tips on how to deal with over-arousal
- Information on medications and when to seek help
- Techniques to enrich the soul and spirit
Drawing on many years of research and hundreds on interviews, The Highly Sensitive Person will change the way you see yourself--and the world around you